- Constancy is both interactional and operational:
- Interactional Constancy:
- Screen over one or both eyes at all times
- keypad or the like conveniently accessible at any time.
- Operational Constancy:
- Apparatus always ready.
- may have ``sleep modes'' but it never ``dead''.
- responds quickly to user-input
- amenable to ephemeral bursts of thought, inspiriation, or the like
- Example: offhand reference to word in dictionary
- Example: sudden urge to grab snapshot picture of something seen
in the last 30 seconds.
- Differs strongly from laptop computer which must be taken out, turned
on, and booted up.
Contact info: Professor Steve Mann, University of Toronto, Department of
10 King's College Road, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 3G4