Dusting gallery submissions: Submision rules
Dustings (lightvector paintings) should be submitted according to the
- No dustings may be submitted to the gallery without CEMENT file.
The CEMENT file is an ascii text file that indicates the filenames
of the images corresponding to the lightvectors used,
as well as the coefficients.
is an example;
- Dusting images must appear at full resolution with a link from a smaller
image. The smaller image must have a width not greater than 600
pixels and a height not greater than 480 pixels.
For a typical size image, e.g. 3072x2048, the smaller image will be
- There must be a representative icon image, which is usually made by:
The icon image must be square and 80 by 80 pixels, and should
provide a recognizable visual cue to the image, so that a person
already familiar with the image can find it quickly from a long
list of icons. See for example,
Gallery of Lightvector paintings.
- cropping a square portion of the lightvector painting;
- then adjusting levels to boost the contrast;
- applying an unsharp mask to boost the legibility; and
- downsampling to make an 80 by 80 pixel result.